Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I think she knows something...

Megabus to Chicago was great! Left promptly at 9:30 a.m., a 20 minute stop outside of Indianapolis, and only 10 minutes late into Chicago. Sitting in the front seat of the double decker was a treat - Gary, Hammond and the entry into Chicago look a lot different when you aren't worrying about being side-swiped by a semi on a rusting bridge overlooking a dead steel mill.

Today is my sis's b'day so I called from my cell, basic chit chat then "I hear you're coming up." "Who told you that? Believe me I tried but the plane tickets were $700 then $588 then on Priceline they wouldn't let me go below $200 so forget it." More chit-chat then "I wish you could be here." "Me too." Mom called later and left a message then my brother left his well wishes a few hours later. Hopefully she doesn't think we will be there. I'm wondering who the mole is.

Love Chicago - my bro picked us up then the fun began, "Rust in the Dust" at the Chicago Photography Center, Merz Apothecary for our family favorites, Elgydium toothbrushes, falafel & gyros at Salam, apple strudel from Lutz Bakery and then home to Wrigleyville for cable TV and more planning for tomorrow. Can you say happy??

No comments:

Post a Comment